Ensures the availability, integrity, and reliability of assigned systems. Provides technical support of an IT infrastructure or operations product line, enterprise platform and/or technology service. Provides operational support to monitor, analyze, diagnose, and resolve problems. Provides consulting and advisory tasks to engineering, planning, and clients. Tests new technologies in a lab environment. Participates in design reviews on new deployments. Partners with product specialists and technical architects to make recommendations for new or retired technology products & systems.
- Performs the operation, management, and maintenance of network and telecommunication systems, linked systems, and peripherals in order to enhance network operations.
- Assists others using established processes, practices and procedures as directed.
- Provides technical support and administration of critical infrastructure network components (e.g., routers, switches & core network services)
- Provides 3rd tier support in analyzing, diagnosing, and resolving problems.
- Ensures system health and availability of the systems.
- Collaborates with team or peers to work on issues, projects, or activities.
- Performs testing and evaluations of new technologies in a lab environment.
- Collaborates with others to identify, analyze, and improve existing business processes within a department to meet new goals and objectives.
- Assists in the update and modification of work procedures and standards.
- Ability to travel using personal vehicle
- Works in 24 hours per day-7 days per week environment
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in relevant programming languages to support network automation
- IT-Information Technology Product certification, for example CCIE, CCAr, MCSE, MCSM, RHCA, RHCE
- Experience in telecommunications, job-related, 3 years
- Experience in IT-Information Technology operations, 2 years
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
Company: Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fairfield, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A