Website Rite Aid
The primary purpose of this position is to assist customers with their health care needs by filling prescriptions, providing clinical services and excellent customer service while supervising Pharmacy associates. Frequent independent judgments are essential. All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
- Comply with HIPAA and all other applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of all prescriptions filled by completing Drug Utilization Review and Final Quality Assurance, applicable to state and federal Board of Pharmacy regulations.
- Prioritize Pharmacy Department tasks and follow through to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner. Including, but not limited to, cycle counts, inventory management and will-calls to customers.
- Handle and resolve customer issues, complaints and questions to build customer trust and loyalty.
- Assist with training, coaching and managing the pharmacy associates and assume management responsibility over the entire pharmacy as needed.
- Build profitable business and script growth through recommended clinical programs including appropriate immunization and when available MTM (Medication Therapy Management), DCS (Diabetes Care Specialist), and all ongoing other programs as identified.
- Interact with physicians and utilize reference material to gain information on customers and prescriptions and to resolve any issues that arise.
- Maintain appropriate security of the Pharmacy department.
- Provide excellent customer service by assisting customers with medical-related issues and providing healthcare counseling.
- Supervise the work completed by support staff while on duty.
- Assist with maintaining the Pharmacy department by keeping it clean and in order.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business.
- Active Pharmacist license in good standing in the state for which you are applying.
Qualification & Experience:
- Immunization Certification through an accredited organization (i.e. APhA).
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in Pharmacy or Doctoral degree (PHARM.D.).
Company: Rite Aid
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New Carlisle, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A