The Director of Financial Reporting will be responsible for the preparation and distribution of all periodic financial statements for internal and external use, while ensuring that the reports, filings and documentation complies with the Company’s accounting policies, external regulations, and the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) and US GAAP reporting requirements. This role is also responsible for the Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) planning, testing, reporting, and maintenance of controls over financial reporting.
- Manage SOX annual planning process, quarterly testing, and quarterly certification requirements on internal controls over financial reporting.
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of interim and year-end audit work, including preparation of audit workpapers as required.
- Provide quality control for all SEC and external facing financial information.
- Manage preparation, review, and distribution of income statement and balance sheet analytics to key members of the Executive team and Board of Directors.
- Consult with both internal and external legal counsel on preparation of the Company’s SEC documents.
- Evaluate internal reporting and make recommendations regarding improvements in the timeliness, efficiency and accuracy of the Company’s existing reporting procedures.
- Coach, mentor, and train Financial Reporting team.
- Work closely with investor relations in the preparation and validation of earnings releases and board of director packages.
- Prepare and file SEC documents, including Forms 10-Q, 10-K, and other filings, as needed.
- Manage the Company’s annual enterprise risk assessment.
- Act as Company’s technical accounting resource while researching and resolving accounting issues, including evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
- Manage XBRL taxonomy selections, tagging of financial statements, and filings.
- Coordinate, develop, and update Company accounting policies and procedures over financial reporting.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Confidentiality concerning all projects.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member on projects of all sizes.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to cope with pressure and changing priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong follow-through.
- Detail oriented, with a strong emphasis on accuracy.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and SEC rules and regulations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Seven to eight years accounting experience (Big Four external audit experience strongly preferred) with at least four years in a managerial role.
- CPA required.
- Experienced with Workiva or other SEC preparation and filing application is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dublin, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A