The Area Supervisor is a member of the Store Leadership who is responsible for a specific, assigned area of the Store as well as the general operations and supervision of the Store when functioning as the Manager on Duty. Area Supervisors are responsible for opening and closing the Store, supervising Associates, and maintaining a friendly, easy to shop environment. They ensure proper merchandise presentation, and maintain a clean work area at all times. Area Supervisors are also responsible for executing and supervising Company operational processes as needed.
- Controls Retail Associates’ break schedule for backups, lunches and breaks.
- Responsible for cleanliness and organization of all Stockrooms.
- Responsible for floor moves and signing including promotional signing as needed.
- Ensures all Fitting Room garment tags are audited and accounted for to Company policy.
- Ensures Public View Monitor (PVM) system is maintained properly.
- Responsible for Front End control when needed. Understands and adheres to the policies and procedures that refer to refund approval, Associate purchase approval, securing tills and cash in safe, register Paid Outs/Ins, void approval, register media and break schedules.
- Maintains a high level of awareness on the sales floor to create a safe and secure shopping environment for everyone. Immediately corrects or reports any unsafe conditions or practices to Store Leadership.
- Helps deliver and place merchandise on sales floor when all merchandise is processed.
- As a representative of Ross Leadership, demonstrates integrity and honesty in all interactions with Associates and Customers. Safeguards confidential information, cash and credit card information and merchandise.
- Trains and coach Associates on cash registers, shortage control policies and other Front End procedures. To meet friendly and productivity standards.
- Ensures compliance to the monthly presentation guidelines in assigned area.
- Ensures Cash pulls and bank deposits are conducted to Company policy.
- Responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of the Fitting Rooms.
- Responsible for payroll administration including daily punch edits, Associate scheduling compliance, Sunday payroll transmission and Payroll reporting as needed.
- Maintains pace, energy and “presence” at the Front End, managing the line to expedite Customers wait time
- Responsible for re-wraps as needed.
- Understands and complies with the Loss Prevention Awareness Program and is responsible for Store Loss Prevention which includes maintaining a large Customer service presence on the sales floor, Customer and Associate engagement and heightened Loss Prevention awareness.
- Keeps all areas of the Store clean, well-maintained, and merchandised to standard.
- Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition programs.
- Responsible for the reduction of loss due to damage.
- Responsible for merchandising of department including the back stock.
- Responsible for security of building including entrance/exit control (Associate entry/egress, receiving door, daily trash removal, etc.), Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) devices daily function check, Cash Office security, armored carrier pick-ups and register area.
- Other duties as assigned by Store Manager.
- Ensures recovery, sizing and markdowns are completed to Company standards through teaching, assigning tasks, and following up per Company best practice.
- Familiarity with point-of-sale equipment and applications.
- Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, and stoop.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in retail environments.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25 lbs.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store.
- Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers and PC as required.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and other assigned supplies.
Qualification & Experience:
- Prior Customer Service and supervisory experience preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US
Application Deadline: N/A