Supervises activities of regular associates and temporary workers. Assesses production schedules and labor-hour requirements for completion of job assignments. Adheres to company policies and procedures to ensure compliance. Enforces safety regulations. Evaluates and assesses production methods, performances and efficiency for improvements and/or changes. Prepares and administers associate performance evaluations. Determines time and production standards and maintains records. Must have a “can-do”, “make-it-happen” attitude. This is demonstrated by displaying the ability to use perseverance and initiative in order to ensure top performance, quality and service to our stores. Responsible for developing and maintaining an open, engaging labor relations environment which remains issue free.
- Partner with the Transactional Talent team for on-boarding, job-posting, inquiries, etc. as needed
- Prepare associate evaluations and administer reviews with the assistance of the DC Merchandise Manager.
- Assist with the coordination of associate training/meetings for subjects such as safety, human resources, new process orientation, and other subjects as conditions necessitate.
- Provide updates to DC Merchandise Manager on production planning information and needs/problems of the area.
- Follow HRS Management Reference Guide for compliance with established processes and company policies
- Conduct daily huddle meetings to communicate important daily events & priorities.
- Enforce policies/procedures and safety regulations, providing appropriate constructive & positive consequences to team for managing safe working behaviors.
- Using provided resources and tools, refer or answer non-exempt questions re: payroll, benefits, policy, who to contact
- Attend and help plan any special events planned for his/her team.
- Maintain daily paperwork, such as time and production records.
- Support required HRS investigations; engage with necessary parties for initial fact-findings, document findings and escalate to HRS using email template
- Perform internal realistic job previews in accordance with the Job Posting Process.
- Conduct corrective action meetings regarding job performance, attendance and behavior with associates, in compliance with company policies and procedures, including the separation process when direct reports are to be separated from employment.
- By effectively using the MAP (Managing Associate Performance) process, train, assess, motivate, coach, and evaluate associates in all areas of job duties using established methods and standards.
- Responsible for accuracy/quality of work for all assigned regular & temp associates.
- Organize and prioritize daily work orders and staffing needs to meet production goals.
- Ensure rapid, accurate movement and processing of merchandise using established engineered methods and standards.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with other Area Supervisors, DC Operations Management, and all support departments.
- Assist merchandise processors with paperwork, ticketing problems and troubleshooting orders.
- Ensure associates follow the DC Pay-to-the-Punch guidelines, to include the timely administration of the missed punch process for Payroll
- Developed written and verbal communication skills, as well as organization/prioritization skills are necessary.
- The job also requires sitting, standing, walking, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Bending, kneeling, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment, primarily on a concrete floor.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
- Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively across multiple shifts/departments is required.
Qualification & Experience:
- BS degree or two years supervisory experience in a production or merchandising function (preferred).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Perris, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A