Accountable for all phases of district operations. Manages and controls the operation of an assigned district to ensure consistency with Company standards and expectations. Responsible for conducting Store Visits focused on people, customer service, store contribution, and adherence to shrink reduction initiatives. This includes the administration, tracking and follow-up for all visits. Ensures all Company standards and best practices are executed with excellence in all assigned locations. Leverage all available data to understand, problem solve and proactively support business trends. Provides leadership and guidance to stores in order to ensure that district sales and profit goals are achieved while meeting Customer Service goals. Responsible for recruiting, training and developing store management teams.
- Ensure consistent application of performance management practices including but not limited to annual performance appraisals, progressive counseling activities and development plans.
- Responds quickly and effectively to all Customer inquiries.
- Ensures compliance of Ross HR policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the management of and continuous monitoring of all actual expenditures to be within budget.
- Assesses and escalates any inventory level discrepancies.
- Controls payroll hours to plan, as the primary controllable expense, as well as adjusting to current business trends.
- Ensures proper merchandising presentation and organization by adhering to the Company’s merchandising philosophy and processes.
- Maintains adherence to Company safety policies and ensures the safety of Associates and Customers.
- Meets Company shrink goals.
- Ensures that an excellent level of Customer Service is provided in all assigned locations.
- Demonstrates and drives Loss Prevention initiatives and awareness programs.
- Recruit and select highly talented people and build succession plans designed to meet Brand and Company growth goals. Collaborate with peers to develop a company-wide talent pipeline.
- Ensures a safe, accident-free environment for all Customers and Associates. Maintains compliance to all state, local and federal regulations.
- Handles Employee Relations issues, ensuring partnership with HR and LP organizations.
- Serves as a point of contact for Customer Service issues in the District.
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Proven ability to adapt quickly to ambiguity and allocate time to execute multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking and moving around the store.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift and carry up to 20lbs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to occasionally bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, and stoop.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5 or more years of retail management or operations experience
- High School Degree or equivalent required, bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kansas City, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A