The Sr. Manager of LP Operations & Initiatives is responsible for leading cross-functional LP initiatives, operations and compliance for both Ross and dd’s Stores. The Sr. Manager will provide guidance during project initiation and planning and lead rollouts during implementation to the field. This role is responsible for driving results and improvements through effective project management, executive support, analysis, compliance, cross-functional relationships and communications with key business partners.
- Leads projects to ensure accurate timelines, deliverables and business updates are incorporated into each project and initiative. Supports projects associated with, but not limited to, Loss Prevention, the Buying Offices, Shortage/Inventory Control, and Store Operations. Builds timelines and presentations to present to different levels of leadership. Attends meetings, conducts status updates with key partners and follows up on action items
- Manages internal and external theft case compliance, training and reporting and provides action plans to improve results, and ensuring Ross Stores Inc. is current on local/state/industry compliance processes (civil recovery, restitution, etc.)
- Manages project or program finances including establishing project costs, creating capital expenditure requests, reconciling invoices and credits, etc.
- Executes changes and manages daily operations of current programs and processes (to include merchandise protection, SPS training programs, the Private Security Officer (PSO) program, the Alertline program, etc.), compliance through effective communication with Stores, Field Leadership and other business partners.
- Manages pilots, collects feedback and recommends best implementation strategy for Stores. Visits Stores as needed to validate pilot/rollout direction. Represents field point of view and provides operational input to business partners. Recommends best approach to ensure strong Store execution. Acts as an advocate for field needs and serves as escalation contact when required. Creates procedures, guides and forms to ensure strong Loss Prevention execution in Stores.
- Interacts and aligns with all levels of management (EVP, SVP, GVP, VP, Field Leaders and stores) and is responsible for building consensus around all changes, issues and rollout plans. Works with communication and Senior executives to ensure the necessary training is provided for stores to execute new/improved processes
- Identifies and rolls out new Loss Prevention initiatives, compliance processes and leads changes to current programs through project communications, new procedures, guides, forms and reports to ensure strong execution in Stores.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Advance proficiency in Word, Excel and Power Point
- Proven ability to think strategically and determine impact of decisions on the business
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage a team as well as both corporate and field partners
- Ability to successfully influence and drive results through cross-functional partnerships
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills required
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects from creation to implementation to maintenance
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and independently with minimal direction
- Strong Customer focus. Anticipates customer needs and takes action to meet them; continually searches for ways to increase customer satisfaction and improve process
- Strong knowledge of Loss Prevention operations and how other operating areas impact stores
Qualification & Experience:
- 7+ years of retail management experience that includes project management and business process ownership in Loss Prevention, Store Operations, multi-unit or a hybrid of field and corporate experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dublin, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A