The Supply Chain Application Developer serves as systems expert responsible for helping Supply Chain identify data / system needs and develops applications to address those issues. This person plays the critical link ensuring that Supply Chain Business applications/Tools/Reports are properly aligned and built/maintained in compliance with IT technical support team’s specifications. As a systems functionality expert, this person also plays a role in ensuring the quality of enhancements and defect fixes as well as ensuring that applications and development are robust to support future growth while maintaining compliance to rules/regulatory IT requirements. The role requires an individual that has a high attention to detail, aptitude to understand both business and technical needs and strong interpersonal skills.
- Independently troubleshoot and resolve production issues.
- Ensure the quality and robustness of changes to applications, along with documentation of changes
- Partner with IT to transition standardized applications / tools to become IT supported, as required
- Prioritize team efforts based on business demand and technical capacity
- Know the proper time to escalate issues to the correct level of management to ensure resolution is achieved and disruptions to business operations are minimized
- Assist in implementations of new functionality to Supply Chain Business applications/Tools/Reports
- Partner with Supply Chain users to analyze and / or define system issues or enhancement requirements.
- Communicate project status to both technical and business units
- Develop, lead and execute training, including creation and updating of training materials, if necessary
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and root cause analysis skills
- Technically competent; able to understand basic to intermediate-level technical concepts.
- A solid understanding of industry best practices in retail
- Communicates clearly both verbal and written
- Some travel may be required
- Solid database / system background including tools/languages such as SQL, Access, Visual Basic, and Oracle SQL
Qualification & Experience:
- Preferred but not required: Working experience with Retek Merchandising System, Micro-Strategy, Retek Distribution System and JDA Application Suite
- 2-4 years supporting Microsoft systems or as a business user of Microsoft systems
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Moreno Valley, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A