The IT Application Lead for Supply Chain-Transportation Applications leads projects that apply new or existing technologies and solutions to solve business needs. This resource partners with the business to determine system needs, influencing and guiding the change process from concept to implementation. S/he coordinates the efforts of internal and external staff, and of key business partners in the support of existing production systems and in the execution of new system projects. The IT Applications Lead also serves as a functional and/or technical expert in one or more disciplines and works with software and/or hardware vendors on enhancements and production issues.
- Collaborate with internal and external IT teams to resolve/improve IT processes and procedures. Maintain stability and quality of service by ensuring standard operation standards and processes are followed and kept current.
- Work with other leads on large projects, either as a lead or a team member. Expected to perform business design and analysis, internal consulting, application testing, and application design reviews.
- Manage day-to-day application support activities for defined area/department. Define and prioritize problems and requests.
- Take a leadership role in analyzing the use of new and existing technology to meet current and future business needs. Investigate new tools, applications, and technologies and determine how these can be used to solve business problems. Understand business trends and the need for competitive advantage.
- Lead the activities of providing new capabilities and driving value from existing capabilities.
- Ability to lead development of content and deliver / present to Senior Leadership.
- Manage projects throughout the entire IT Project Delivery lifecycle (SDLC), ensuring that requirements are defined accurately, systems are designed / coded or purchased that meet the defined requirements and are executed efficiently. Create detailed project plans, coordinates team resources and manages to overall project timeline. Ensure that test plans, communication plans, training plans and support plans are designed and executed successfully, on time and in budget. Required system and user documentation is created accurately, projects are completed on time and under budget and anticipated business benefits are achieved.
- Direct execution of release and deployment plans with all stakeholders.
- Ensure IT change management practices and procedures are followed.
- Develop partnership, acting as a liaison between technical and business teams to understand, troubleshoot, interpret and advise on technical questions/issues/projects or business use cases.
- Support existing production systems, coordinate related support and enhancement activities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Technical orientation balanced by project management discipline. Able to supervise internal programmers, analysts, consultants, non-technical business resources and external vendor resources.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; outstanding listening skills.
- A solid understanding of industry best practices in retail; specific demonstrated experience mapping business processes and comparing those processes to industry best practices.
- Demonstrated track record managing technical application projects.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization (i.e. Business Users).
- Able to articulate issues, build consensus around recommendations, define next steps along with defined timeline.
Qualification & Experience:
- Vendor Management experience.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project and Visio.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience in information systems, computer science, or a related technical discipline.
- Experience dealing with cross-functional teams and business partners on projects.
- 7 to 10 years’ experience supporting retail systems or IT management consulting experience. Solid understanding of retail dynamics within a complex, highly integrated environment.
- Experience working for a national retailer with multiple Stores/locations or consulting firm.
- Manhattan Associates’ Pool Shipper application experience.
- Experience implementing and/or supporting hardware and packaged solutions.
- Transportation Management Applications experience.
- Deployment experience, rollout of hardware/software across distributed systems.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A