Primary responsibilities are to assist Engineering and Maintenance in design, development, optimization and maintenance of automated material handling equipment and warehouse control systems in all the Distribution Centers. The Controls Engineer will design overview control systems for industrial material handling solutions. This includes development of specifications, device layout drawings, control schematics, PLC logic, SCADA systems and implementing solutions which deliver exceptional value. Controls Engineer will also work closely with project teams to design systems which meet or exceed the project requirements.
- Review vendor’s Control Systems specifications and scope documentation.
- Provide Control Systems technical support and training to local users.
- Configure and troubleshoot SCADA systems.
- Perform on-site commissioning, to implement and validate Control Systems design with Integrator.
- Prepare/overview schematics and specifications for control panel fabrication.
- Provide/overview documentation and support for field wiring.
- Configure HMIs and RTUs.
- Design/overview system layouts, schematics and control devices
- Controls Function: Perform other Control Systems related tasks/duties as assigned.
- Work closely with Warehouse Control Systems team to investigate/integrate Controls solutions.
- Design and implement Control Systems changes and improvements.
- Optimize/troubleshoot and write (PLC) Programmable Logic Controller programs.
- Maintain a Control Systems progress schedule that relates to project milestones for each project.
- Perform Control Systems modeling and simulation.
- Create Controls sequence of operation document, to ensure that the design meets our expectation.
- Work closely with DC Operations and Distribution Engineers, for achieving Controls reporting and dashboard.
- Effective programming skills in C/C++ and IEC-61131-3 languages.
- Intermediate knowledge of ADC/DAC systems, controls modeling and simulation tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of computer networks.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and deadlines.
- Basic skills in MATLAB/Simulink.
- Relevant course work in Control Systems.
- Proven skills with use of AutoCAD
- Have a strong interest in Industrial Automation.
- Willing to learn and grow with the Company.
- Energetic, friendly, outgoing, and proactive personality.
Qualification & Experience:
- Have experience with SCADA systems. Configuring HMIs and RTUs.
- Hands-on experience with industrial networks.
- BS in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) from an accredited university.
- Have experience with Allen-Bradley HW/SW platforms.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fort Mill, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A