To direct the operation of the Meat Department, including supervising and training personnel. Ensures customer service and product quality, freshness, safety and selection.
- Conducts daily inspections of all meat sections and initiates corrective measures to ensure compliance with product quality and trimming and grinding procedures, rotates products, maintains in stock conditions, code date standards, and sanitation, safety and security requirements.
- Assists with implementing emergency procedures in the event of equipment and computer software malfunctions.
- Other necessary and required duties.
- Supervises, motivates, directs, trains and participates in the hiring of meat department personnel. Monitors associate performance and recommend personnel actions such as hiring, firing, layoff and disciplinary actions.
- Schedules personnel to ensure adequate coverage and service levels and to meet department budgetary objectives.
- Implements effective promotional and seasonal displays. Controls shrink and expenses. Accurately completes and monitors daily log sheet, purchase report, and sales and labor and other required paperwork and logs.
- Maintains records on ad items movement.
- Ensures that all associates are trained and instructed in the proper performance of work duties. Monitors associate performance and reports observations to the Store Director. Resolves associate complaints and reports to the Store Director as appropriate.
- Attends required training.
- Ensures that product quality, trimming, grinding, packaging, labeling, rotation and wrapping standards are met.
- Maintains and cleans knives, scales, steamers, display cases, saws, meat tenderizers, slicers, cubers and wrapping equipment.
- Responsible for performing all job duties and responsibilities safely, accurately and with honesty and integrity.
- Supervising the day to day functions of the meat department to achieve customer service, and sales and profit objectives.
- Maintains confidentiality concerning associates, store sales and other Company information.
- Champions Company and Division customer service programs to meet or exceed Division customer service goals. Handles customer relations in a positive manner, including effective resolution of customer complaints.
- Promotes Albertson’s philosophy of personalized service.
- Answering and responding incoming calls appropriately. Receives and appropriately resolves customer complaints and reports to the Store Director as appropriate.
- Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of sales floor and work area, freezer and cooler, equipment, and retail cases.
- Follows Company policy in pricing and handling re-worked and reduced-to-clear items. Complies with all federal, state and local health, and food handling and safety standards.
- Assists with all meat department duties such as: receiving, storage, cleaning, customer service, cutting, grinding, wrapping and packaging and stocking.
- Handles customer relation. Assists customers by taking and filling special orders. Makes product suggestions and engages in suggestive selling. May make intercom announcements.
- Checks competitors for comparisons on prices, product variety and merchandising procedures.
- Requires a good understanding of company policies and Meat
- Requires working knowledge of all job duties within the Meat Department including cutting, wrapping, steaming, grinding, cubing, tenderizing and customer service.
- Requires knowledge of employment laws and workplace practices.
- Requires strong communication skills, good leadership and interpersonal skills, the proven ability to manage people and the ability to maintain composure in dealing with customers and co-workers.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lynnwood, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A