As a primary contact for Safeway customers, the GM/HBC Manager provides friendly, courteous, and helpful service. Works in the variety department of a grocery store handling mostly non-grocery items. The GM/HBC Manager is held accountable for the department’s results in providing superior service, increasing sales, improving gain, and containing cost. Trains, supervises, schedules and assigns duties to GM/HBC Clerks. Follows division guidelines for the implementation of the merchandising program. Changes signs and prices as directed by merchandising. Inventories floor stock daily. Writes variety order. Checks order for completeness upon arrival. Responsible for maintaining appropriate stock of inventory. Views display areas daily to determine stock needed. Opens containers or boxes, removes merchandise, and stocks on store shelves. Shelves are periodically faced and organized. Stock area and variety display areas are kept clean and neat. Rotates product and removes expired product daily.
- Replace stock in displays and on shelves as needed. Makes sure all expired items are removed from the shelves daily.
- Write and input order into store computer.
- Speak with customers to resolve problems with sales, dissatisfaction with service or product or other problems related with the operation of the GM/HBC area. Maintain cleanliness of department and storage area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Train, schedule, and supervise GM/HBC workers to ensure optimum staffing patterns for the department.
- Perform daily inventory and order necessary supplies to maintain adequate inventory.
- Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and within company policy.
- Monitor inter-office mail and company web page daily for updated information.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to follow company customer service procedures.
- Ability to work independently when necessary.
- Ability to interact with customers and co-workers.
Qualification & Experience:
- Desired: Prior experience as a clerk.
- Demonstrated prior customer service skills or related experience.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Port Angeles, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A