To direct the operation of the Meat Department, including supervising and training personnel. Ensures customer service and product quality, freshness, safety and selection.
- Ensures proper merchandising of product by understanding and implementing schematics, merchandising of advertised items, proper signing procedures and monitoring product flow. Complies with retail labeling laws, federal and state regulations and Company policies.
- Supervises, motivates, directs, trains and participates in the hiring of meat department personnel. Monitors associate performance and recommend personnel actions such as hiring, firing, layoff and disciplinary actions.
- Schedules personnel to ensure adequate coverage and service levels and to meet department budgetary objectives.
- Champions Company and Division customer service programs to meet or exceed Division customer service goals. Handles customer relations in a positive manner, including effective resolution of customer complaints.
- Promotes Albertson’s philosophy of personalized service.
- Ensures that product quality, trimming, grinding, packaging, labeling, rotation and wrapping standards are met.
- Ensures that all associates are trained and instructed in the proper performance of work duties. Monitors associate performance and reports observations to the Store Director. Resolves associate complaints and reports to the Store Director as appropriate.
- Responsible for performing all job duties and responsibilities safely, accurately and with honesty and integrity.
- Assists with implementing emergency procedures in the event of equipment and computer software malfunctions.
- Implements effective promotional and seasonal displays. Controls shrink and expenses. Accurately completes and monitors daily log sheet, purchase report, and sales and labor and other required paperwork and logs.
- Maintains records on ad items movement.
- Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of sales floor and work area, freezer and cooler, equipment, and retail cases.
- Attends required training.
- Checks competitors for comparisons on prices, product variety and merchandising procedures.
- Other necessary and required duties.
- Supervising the day to day functions of the meat department to achieve customer service, and sales and profit objectives.
- Orders, checks, receives and controls inventory to ensure adequate and proper inventory level, product quality and freshness and to prevent the sale of out of code products. Takes periodic inventories, processes administrative paperwork and maintains accurate department records. Maintains and organizes meat department cooler and freezer.
- Maintains and cleans knives, scales, steamers, display cases, saws, meat tenderizers, slicers, cubers and wrapping equipment.
- Answering and responding incoming calls appropriately. Receives and appropriately resolves customer complaints and reports to the Store Director as appropriate.
- Handles customer relation. Assists customers by taking and filling special orders. Makes product suggestions and engages in suggestive selling. May make intercom announcements.
- Follows Company policy in pricing and handling re-worked and reduced-to-clear items. Complies with all federal, state and local health, and food handling and safety standards.
- Assists with all meat department duties such as: receiving, storage, cleaning, customer service, cutting, grinding, wrapping and packaging and stocking.
- Maintains confidentiality concerning associates, store sales and other Company information.
- Requires knowledge of employment laws and workplace practices.
- Requires strong communication skills, good leadership and interpersonal skills, the proven ability to manage people and the ability to maintain composure in dealing with customers and co-workers.
- Requires working knowledge of all job duties within the Meat Department including cutting, wrapping, steaming, grinding, cubing, tenderizing and customer service.
- Requires a good understanding of company policies and Meat Department policies and procedures.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A