As a primary contact for Safeway customers, the Pharmacy Assistant provides friendly, courteous, and helpful service. Verifies information for new prescriptions. Receives authorized patient prescription refill requests. Fills bottle with prescribed tablets or capsules. Inserts pharmacy reference updates. Answers phone calls not requiring the pharmacist’s attention. Receives and stores incoming supplies. Operates electronic cash register to total customers’ final bill. Maintains cleanliness of the pharmacy area of the store. The Pharmacy Assistant reports to the Pharmacy Manager.
- Operate electronic cash register to total customers’ final bill. Receive payment for customers’ purchase and count back correct change. Bag purchased items.
- Promptly report to the pharmacist all pharmacy complaints and inquires concerning prescriptions or prescription medication. Notify the pharmacist when agents from any regulatory agency or law officers contact/visit the Pharmacy.
- Receive and store incoming supplies.
- Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and within company policy.
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient information.
- Insert pharmacy reference updates.
- Fill bottle with prescribed tablets or capsules.
- Verify information for new prescriptions. Receive authorized patient prescription refill requests.
- Maintain cleanliness of the pharmacy area of the store.
- Comply with all policies and procedures set by company.
- Other duties as assigned concurrent with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Answer phone calls not requiring the pharmacist’s attention.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to interact with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to follow company customer service procedures.
- Comply with any and all State Board regulations and any license requirements needed.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated prior customer service skills or related experience.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Tacoma, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A