As a primary contact for Safeway customers, the Inventory Control Clerk provides friendly, courteous and helpful service. Checks all delivery drivers as they bring merchandise into the store. Oversees the return of salvageable merchandise. Oversees all inventories of grocery items. Orders merchandise for direct delivery. Pays all direct delivery bills and tracks ROWSAP’s. Oversees and orders all beer and wine products. Maintains back room security, cleanliness, and organization. Oversees and tracks all re-sets to official store schematics. Keeps track of all pallet and floor jacks and oversees maintenance schedule for this equipment. Oversees all end cap planning and inputs orders into main store computers.
- Monitor inter-office mail and company web page daily for updated information.
- May obtain stock from the back room and replace in display areas of the store as needed.
- Tracks and orders all store supplies.
- Checks in all items delivered and ensures that merchandise count and type matches bill of landing or other pertinent information.
- Prepare merchandise orders.
- Verifies identity and credentials of all delivery drivers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintains store schematic, monitors changes and schedules, and tracks ROWSAP’s as needed.
- Prepares, monitors, and implements maintenance schedule for all back room equipment.
- Inventories supply of beer and wine and transmits orders for needed stock.
- Maintain cleanliness, security, and organization of back room area of store.
- Monitor all damaged or expired salvageable merchandise and return for credit.
- Monitors location of all pallet and floor jacks.
- Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and within company policy.
- Ability to work with vendors on a regular basis.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to interact with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to work independently when necessary.
- Ability to follow company customer service procedures.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated prior customer service skills or related experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lynden, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A