You’ll play a pivotal role in providing consistent support, advice and training to our ever-growing Trade Counter estate. You’ll support the business in all legislative compliance areas, with particular focus on H&S, Fire and environment. Ensuring teams are fully trained and working in line with Screwfix best practice, you’ll identify and review processes and policies, making any recommendations for improvements to the Head of risk.
- Keep up to date records of inspection and accident investigation findings, make and follow up on recommended actions.
- Ensure Health and Safety risk assessments are carried out and ensure risk control measures are implemented
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of relevant Health and Safety legislation and any developments that affect Screwfix;
- Provide inspection & accident data and recommendation to Screwfix management
- Ensure work equipment is installed, maintained and regularly inspected;
- Liaise and be the first point of contact to external enforcing bodies and providers
- Carry out accident investigations and champion necessary changes required to prevent recurrence
- Work closely with our delivery and construction partners
- Carry out safety inspections to ensure compliance with legislation and Screwfix H&S and fire standards and policies.
- Lead in-house training to Screwfix management and colleagues in relation to their Health and Safety responsibilities
- Provide expertise and guidance to ensure Trade Counter regulatory compliance and closure of issues identified during Kingfisher safety audits.
- Identify and review processes and policies and make recommendations for improvements to minimise the risks from hazards in the workplace
- Work closely with Area Managers and Trade Counter Managers to improve proactive behaviours
- Competent user of Powerpoint, Excel and Teams.
- Committed to driving a safe working environment, you pride yourself on your functional expertise and interpersonal skills.
- You’ve advised on Health and Safety issues in a multi-site retail environment previously and interpreted H&S legislation to Managers and other colleagues.
- You’re an innovative and strategic thinker, who’s looking for a varied and proactive next step.
- Full UK Driving Licence is also required
Qualification & Experience:
- Has a recognised qualification in Health & Safety. NEBOSH/C&G
- Proven experience of construction safety, delivery safety. Safety training.
- You’ve ideally got a NEBOSH/ equivalent qualification along with experience of CDM.
- Experience with safety management systems.
- You’ve got experience carrying out accident investigations, recommending remedial actions and reporting to the business at all levels.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: West Sussex, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A