In this fast paced, exciting role you will provide our customers with relevant advice and coaching to support all ER (Employee Relations) related issues, you’ll act as a dedicated support network to all Managers. You’ll build strong relationships with leaders and managers and external contacts such as employment law solicitors to provide an efficient service to ensure Screwfix stays legally compliant. We are currently looking for 2 x part time advisors to join our ER team. Ideally this will be a 20 hour post.
- Continually developing ER toolkits and policies with up-to-date legislation and improved procedures. Developing effective relationships with stakeholders such as line managers, senior mangers and other HR colleagues to promote best practice ways of working across the business.
- Adopting a coaching style to develop relevant skills and knowledge within the operational management population, advising on company procedures, informal and formal meetings and outcomes, writing and checking letters, including complex cases which require a high level of skill, the ability to assimilate information from a number of sources and work with a high volume at speed. Owning and delivering on specific high profile ER projects within the team to improve the ER experience within the business.
- Ability to manage the day to day activities of the ER helpline with the longer term project work required to improve our service.
- You will be responsible for liaising with line managers to provide advice and support on all employee relations matters – including; absence and lateness, disciplinary (misconduct and gross misconduct), performance and capability, grievances and appeals. As well as dealing with general employment queries on matters such as Flexible Working requests.
- Liaising with third parties such as our employment law legal support and ACAS providing in-house support with Employment Tribunals and Early Conciliation. Reporting on cases, working with people data and identifying trends in ER activity, suggesting and implementing practical and commercial solutions. Working individually and as part of the ER, wider HR and operational teams
- The role requires the ability to rapidly build rapport, trust and establish relationships with our internal customers via telephone contact and email along with a resilience to deal with challenging situations
- Candidates must be able to provide evidence of the ability to deal with a high volume of activity, prioritise work and deal with a number of issues and cases simultaneously
- Working knowledge of employment law is essential, as is a common sense and pragmatic approach to dealing with cases
- This position would suit an ER specialist or either HR generalist or operational manager with significant ER experience looking to move to a specialist employee relations role
Qualification & Experience:
- Considerable hands-on experience in dealing with ER cases is essential in order to offer the level of support and expertise required. Ideally this experience would have been gained in a multi-site environment in the retail, hospitality or service industry
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Yeovil, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A