Website U.S. Secret Service
The Secret Service is seeking persons who retired from the CSRS or the FERS to support our integrated mission and immediately impart their knowledge and experience to the current workforce. The Criminal Investigator’s mission is to perform critical protective and investigative assignments. Throughout its history, the Criminal Investigator has accomplished this mission through a tradition of honor, integrity and a commitment to excellence. During the course of working in the Office of Protective Operations, Criminal Investigators (Special Agents) carry out critical investigations and protection assignments.
- Conducting investigations
- Providing protection for various protectees
- Submit to a drug test and credit check prior to your appointment and random drug testing while you occupy the position.
- Submit to a polygraph examination prior to your appointment.
- Complete a pre-employment medical examination (including vision, hearing, cardiovascular and mobility of extremities) by an authorized Government physician and be determined physically fit to perform strenuous and physically demanding duties. You will be required to undergo regular physical examinations and to maintain a level of physical fitness in accordance with the standards and policies of this agency.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- Successfully complete a Mixed Basic or Reintegration Training Course as applicable.
- Possess a valid U.S. state motor vehicle operator’s license and maintain a valid license while you occupy the position.
- Undergo occasional domestic and foreign travel.
Qualification & Experience:
You qualify for the GS-13 level (starting salary $81,216.00) if you possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level, which is in or directly related to coordinating difficult and complex protection assignments or staff assignment including but not limited to: covering designated security post at official functions/events and restricting secure areas to authorized personnel; as assigned, keeping in close proximity to designated protectee and taking any measure required to protect his/her life; providing protection while on travel with a protectee; supporting protective operations by interviewing unauthorized individuals attempting to gain access to secure areas to determine whether a security threat exists; writing associated reports; and applying protective investigation and case management methodology.
Company: U.S. Secret Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wilmington, DE, US
Application Deadline: N/A