Website Sefton Council
There is no better time to join Sefton; with a new Director of Children’s Services in post, additional service manager capacity and support; an exciting partnership with Leeds City Council and the planned launch of Sefton Social Work Academy this year. We are confident that we will make necessary improvements and achieve good outcomes for our children, young people and families and would like you to join our team.
Our aim is to give Newly Qualified Social Workers (NQSW) the best experience during their first year in practice. Our NQSWs will be supported within our Social Work Academy in teams of 6 NQSWs whose focus will be working with children and families in need. Case management support, supervision and guidance will be provided by Team Managers who will ensure that you have a protected caseload during your first year. You will also have a dedicated Practice Assessor who, whilst ensuring you are gaining the right experience and skills to develop your confidence, knowledge and experience will facilitate a reflective space and support you to complete your ASYE portfolio during your first year.
- Ability to make child centred decisions, using evidence-based tools
- A commitment to working transparently; in partnership WITH children, young people and families, and partner agencies in a strength-based way
- Ability to use your own initiative as well as work as part of a team
- Commitment to your own personal development and professional growth; to include completion of your ASYE portfolio within 12 – 14 months and ongoing commitment to training.
- Knowledge of the Assessment Framework and ability to assess risk and need
- Ability to understand and demonstrate a commitment to equality and diversity
- Analytical report writing skills and good verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of childcare legislation, statutory guidance, and best practice research
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of working with children, young people, and families; using direct work skills and observation to gain the voice and experiences of children and young people
- Social Work Degree or equivalent Social Work Qualification – applications are welcome from final year students (past mid-point of final placement) or those already qualified and registered with Social Work England
Company: Sefton Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bootle, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A