This position is responsible for providing management, leadership and oversight for developing, implementing and closing out Utility Energy Service Contract (UESC) design/build turnkey Federal Energy Retrofit Program (FERP) projects for the Federal government. Provides engineering, construction, and contract expertise with strategizing and implementing a variety of energy conservation measures in addition to combined heat and power (cogeneration), utility distribution systems, and other campus energy infrastructure. Works with a construction team, supports project development, and oversees project management activities such as estimating, scheduling, contract/subcontract development, safety oversight, project financial performance, quality control/quality assurance and contract compliance. This role is a critical team member supporting project needs from development through construction completion. They will support project teams as needed to meet overall Company objectives.
- Identifies and secures additional turnkey projects. Works directly with the Military Turnkey Manager to ensure that high quality technical and cost proposals are developed, submitted in a timely manner, negotiated and accepted. This entails providing direction and guidelines for project managers to develop defensible and documented negotiation positions for SoCalGas, including project costs, schedule impacts, and preparation of detailed project tasks.
- Applies familiarity and an understanding of financing models to validate and explain financing project proposals from competing financial institutions upon request from the Military.
- Performs effective business planning and status reporting. Provides timely, accurate and detailed reports, as needed, indicating resources expended, business results achieved, business results pending, and customer intentions.
- Project management: Provides oversight and direction for project managers such that projects are completed safely, on time and within budget. This responsibility includes working with Military Accounts staff ensuring that project managers have and are competent in the use of the appropriate tools and tracking mechanisms for project status, which includes logging and tracking contractor invoices, customer billing, reimbursables, and project labor.
- Produces clear and complete project documentation, including providing oversight and direction to engineering firms and staff. Ensures that adequate project documentation is maintained as required by contract documents, including submittal logs, testing logs, daily reports, certified payroll, RFI and RFI logs, meeting minutes, As-Builts, O&M manuals, and any required training data related to each project.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Entrepreneurial salesmanship skills with external customer orientation Intermediate Required
- Ability to be forward thinking, with a well-ordered and logical approach to analyzing problems, organizing work and planning actions Advanced Required
- Verbal and written communication skills, specifically in developing an effective approach to assisting with the development and formatting of top management presentations and interactions Advanced Required
- Confidence, tough-mindedness and courage Intermediate Preferred
- Team-building and empowering skills Intermediate Required
- Decisiveness and efficiency of decision making Intermediate Preferred
- Project management and organization skills Advanced Required
- Proactive in identifying and solving significant technical and relational problems Advanced Preferred
Qualification & Experience:
- Project management with military agencies and/or other government agencies Preferred
- 8 years Experience in Project Development or Project Management Required
- Bachelor’s Degree Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering Required
- Master’s Degree Engineering or Business Preferred
- Project management certification Preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Downey, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A