Manage and direct large-scale, major projects within the department or business unit. Responsible for the development of work scope, budget, schedule, and resource requirements. Prepare, negotiate and approve contracts for contractors or consultants. May provide direction to a small group of direct reports
- Build business cases and justifications for projects.
- Analyze and determine regulatory impacts and requirements of the project.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Provide direction to contractors, consultants, and project team.
- Testify before and/or prepare supporting documentation for CPUC and other government agencies concerning cost estimates.
- Research and evaluate available contractors and consultants.
- Manage related workforce planning, budget analysis, and prepare budget forecasts.
- Coordinates input from and participation with various other departments within the Company as needed to meet project objective.
- Manage and coordinate all activities leading to the successful completion of projects including project scoping, timelines, cost estimates and design.
- Regularly assess the efficiency of control systems and recommend effective improvements.
- Negotiate contracts changes.
- Review and evaluate company procedures and reports to identify hidden risks or common issues.
- Design and monitor control systems for the project.
- Develop and maintain project parameters for project requirements.
- Responsible for providing team/project goals and evaluating performance.
- Prepare, negotiate and approve or recommend approval of contracts.
- Project management knowledge required.
- Must be able to assess the potential financial impact of a project to the Company.
- Work a mix of onsite and remote each week, typically 2-3 days onsite per week.
- Must possess the ability to review complex problems and propose innovative solutions.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with audit and compliance issues
- An MBA or advanced degree is highly desirable.
- PM I: 5+ years of related experience or equivalent training and experience.
- Experience creating standards and policies for a business unit
- Experience dealing with process assurance and assessments of compliance with policies, standards and procedures
- PM II: 6+ years of related experience or equivalent training and experience.
- Project management certification is preferred.
- Requires a Bachelor’s in Engineering, Business or related and 6 years related experience or equivalent training and experience.
- Planning and leading employee training experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A