The Software Developers are team members and individual contributors to the development, maintenance, and enhancement of business applications, providing specialized technical or business knowledge to the project. Inhabitants of this position are assigned to projects within an assigned business unit or corporate department and utilize SAP’s plant maintenance and related functionality and integrations. Under the guidance of a Lead Software Developer, they collaborate with company customers, staff, IT colleagues, and other stakeholders to define detained customer requirements and system interfaces, assess available technologies, and develop and present solutions. Incumbents act as internal consultants, providing technical guidance or business process expertise on the most complex projects or researching strategic planning matters from a technical or business standpoint.
- Participate with other IT members, customers, and other stakeholders in new product reviews, tests, and pilots.
- Develop business knowledge and relationships to integrate activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Collect and analyze business requirements for projects.
- Identify conflicting business practices and integration issues and suggest alternative solutions.
- Provide technical consulting support on projects or system issues.
- Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to expected customer service levels.
- Lead small projects or regularly coach other personnel to ensure business application systems are developed in a way that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Provide technical expertise within an assigned business unit/area, usually as a member of a project team, in analysis, design, and development of business applications.
- Evaluate application software packages and make recommendations to management.
- Perform feasibility studies and translate requirements into an appropriate design.
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating and identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions.
- Knowledge of project management techniques is required (cross-functional experience is highly desirable).
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to work well on cross-functional project teams and foster team commitment to tasks.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong project management skills, operating as part of a team organizing, planning, and executing projects from the envisioning stage through implementation.
- Strong SAP technical knowledge, with hands-on ABAP experience including ABAP Report Writing (Classical, Interactive and ALV), Webdynpro development, Workflow development, BADI implementation and interface development (IDOCs, FTP, etc), ADOBE forms, Smartforms and experience with data Migration and Data extraction is critical.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5 years Senior level experience in business application design, development, installation, and modification in an online environment. Required
- Experience with structured design, development, and implementation of new computing architectures. Required
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience and technical training, is required.
- Experience in the industry or in a production/service environment similar to that of the employer is preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Anaheim, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A