As a Delivery Driver, you will transport products safely and deliver office supplies on your assigned route to customers. At times, depending on volume, you will load your truck.
Safety is our utmost priority so, in this role, we will look to you to ensure safe work practices and embrace and foster our safety culture. You will be essential to the success of Staples Supply Chain as we deliver to our customers.
You will organize and load product for delivery utilizing the manifest assuring the most efficient delivery route and schedule. You will be a problem solver for our customers; providing customer support, accepting product returns and will be empowered to make your customers’ day. You’re our brand on wheels!
- Ability to pass a DOT physical and drug screen to the extent legally permissible
- Ability to lift, push and pull items weighing 70 pounds, on occasion up to 100 pounds
- An ability to use technology including GPS and mobile Proof of Delivery (POD) devices
- Must have a valid drivers’ license with a driving record indicating a safe driving history acceptable to the company and at all times remain eligible to drive a commercial motor vehicle under applicable laws and regulations
- Basic English language skills (both verbal and written communications)
- An ability to be a safe and courteous driver who can navigate your way around a map and all kinds of weather and road conditions
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must obtain a 6-month DOT medical card specific to the role
- An ability and willingness to maintain cleanliness of vehicle including performing pre-trip vehicle inspections and reporting any maintenance concerns
Qualification & Experience:
- High volume / small package delivery experience
- Minimum 1-year of truck driving experience (operating a 16ft or longer straight truck) or comparable driving experience
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lithia Springs, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A