Safety is our utmost priority so, in this role, we will look to you to ensure safe work practices and embrace our safety culture. In this role you will be essential to the success of Staples Supply Chain as we deliver to our customers.
As a Maintenance Technician 2 you will perform preventative and spontaneous maintenance on conveyors, electrical motors, material handling equipment, skill saws, propane torch, man-lift, hand tools, power tools, welding equipment, grinders, electrical test equipment and ladders as well as lift equipment jacks, chargers, and batteries.
In your role, you will perform general building maintenance including overhead doors, construction repair, roll carts, floor repair and second level gates, doors, etc… You will perform light plumbing maintenance and perform carpentry assignments as needed.
- An ability to use vendor manuals and procedures to perform preventative maintenance and troubleshooting tasks
- A mechanical aptitude, knowledge of hydraulics, electrical, pneumatics, and ability to learrn to read blueprints/schematics including electrical schematics
- An ability to demonstrate analytical thinking and problem-solving
- An ability to be comfortable working in a warehouse environment with seasonal temperature variations
- An ability to lift, push or pull boxes/merchandise weighing between 70 pounds and 100 pounds by hand
- An ability to be trained and MHE certified to operate power material handling equipment, i.e. Forklift, Electric Pallet Jack, etc.
- Ability to work at heights up to 60 feet or more as needed
- An ability and aptitude for working with electricity
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Basic English language skills (both verbal and written)
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum one (1) year of related experience
- Trade school background
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Idaho Falls, ID, US
Application Deadline: N/A