From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrates coffee and its rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing and supporting partners who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
The Starbucks experience starts in our Roasting Plants where we have a dedicated team of professional roasters and supporting process teams including planning, warehouse management, packaging, roasting, maintenance, engineering and logistics.
- Perform emergency equipment repairs, alone and with mechanics.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Assist maintenance team and support all aspects of the maintenance department as needed, including general building and grounds maintenance.
- Complete plant work orders and preventive maintenance, accurately and on time.
- Perform other duties as needed in support of business objectives and Starbucks Mission & Values.
- Understand and follow established safety guidelines, programs and procedures; and actively work to prevent safety incidents.
- Maintain product quality through adherence to good manufacturing practices, Food Safety Preventative Controls, product specifications and quality procedures.
- Assist with the installation of new equipment as assigned.
- Support food safety, legality and quality program.
- Perform preventive maintenance on plant equipment and completes appropriate documentation.
- Available to work variable shifts to support the business
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in elevated areas with ladders, roofs, overhead lights
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Basic math skills
- Ability to work in accordance with safety, quality and sanitation standards, policies and procedures
- Familiarity with food safety regulatory requirements and global standards including Preventive Controls for Human Food (21 CFR 117) and the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI).
Qualification & Experience:
- Electrical or mechanical technical school degree (preferred)
- Experience with BRC or SQF certification schemes.
- High school diploma/GED, US military service or equivalent
- General industrial mechanical maintenance and electrical system or (2 years)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Minden, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A