The Starbucks experience starts in our Roasting Plants where we have a dedicated team of professional roasters and supporting process teams including planning, warehouse management, packaging, roasting, maintenance, engineering and logistics.
- Maintain scheduled production throughput to meet team goals for reliability and budget standards and completes any required supporting documentation.
- Responsible for the management and/or implementation of food safety, legality and quality programs.
- Operate the green, roasted or ground coffee platform of the Advanced Coffee Roasting System (ACRS).
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work environment.
- Operate the ground or roasted coffee production process, controls, and equipment.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Evaluate training needs of roaster technicians and provides feedback to the supervisor. Coach and mentor roaster technicians to ensure their development and understanding of new technology.
- Load green coffee as needed to support roasting and packaging operations.
- Ensure compliance with Starbucks roast profiles. Participate in weekly tastings (cuppings) with green coffee department to develop and maintain coffee expertise.
- Support cost reduction goals by identifying and acting upon potential roadblocks and process improvements to reduce downtime, scrap, and product not meeting specifications. Re-blend coffee in accordance with established guidelines.
- Follow all safety and security guidelines.
- Communicate clearly to manufacturing partners and monitors machine performance issues to minimize downtime.
- Conduct internal recall investigations for product not meeting specifications.
- Perform troubleshooting, preventive maintenance and sanitation procedures. Compile data and identify trends to support maintenance and engineering partners in continuous improvement efforts.
- Maintain coffee quality through adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines, product specifications and quality procedures. Monitor and document quality measures using analytical tools.
- Assess current and future schedule requirements against actual loading, roasting and packaging status, and modifies the roasting schedule as needed to support immediate and future packaging requirements. Maintain records.
- Ability to follow verbal direction roaster operator, plant Starbucks Confidential
- Familiarity with American Institute of Baking (AIB), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) standards
- Mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot minor machine failures and make minor adjustments
- Ability to understand written policies and guidelines, specifications and safety standards
- Basic math skills
- Ability to work in accordance with quality, safety, and sanitation standards, policies and guidelines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Internet environments
Qualification & Experience:
- Operation of manual and automated processing equipment using personal computer-based control systems (3 years)
- Gathering, recording and reporting on operational and quality metrics, through manual or automated systems (2 years)
- Performing quality tests using analytical tools (1 year)
- High school diploma/GED, US military service or equivalent
- Regulated food manufacturing environment (2 years)
- Operation of at least three of four ACRS platforms (roasting, grinding, green coffee delivery or roasted coffee delivery) (2 years)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gaston, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A