This job contributes to Starbucks success by managing day-to-day manufacturing operations at our Carson Valley Roasting Plant in Minden, NV. Ensures compliance with established quality standards and the safe, productive operation of all manufacturing activities. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
- Prepares, communicates and educates client groups and team on changes in policies and practices within the organization.
- Supports the implementation of company programs to ensure the success of the Company.
- Plans and manages business unit/department processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
- Supports all established plant and departmental goals and objectives. Develops and maintains programs and procedures
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Prepares the manufacturing team to execute strategic company objectives. Leads initiative to ensure business growth and meet or exceed customer expectations through continuous improvement of manufacturing operations.
- Ensures compliance with Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) and with American Institute of Baking and Starbucks quality standards.
- Develops and executes strategic operational processes, policies, procedures and measurements to achieve financial and service goals within manufacturing operations.
- Develops capital plan and operating budget to meet company and plant objectives. Works with implementation teams to ensure smooth, safe and timely implementation of new capital investments.
- Apprises management of team progress toward departmental goals. Ensures effective and timely communication of company, plant and departmental information to managers, peers and own work team, including supervisors, leads and partners.
- Maintains and improves customer service levels for all business units served. Ensures clear communications among business units and understanding of new and changing business requirements.
- Ensures workplace safety and addresses safety issues promptly and completely.
- Manages manufacturing schedule to support improved productivity and reliability. Ensures manufacturing team meets or exceeds budget targets for limiting scrap and not-in-specification production.
- Operates within established budget to control expenses, meet cost objectives and meet service requirements.
- Monitors and controls labor and supply costs. Advises management of situations creating budget variances.
- Adheres to established manufacturing and distribution processes and identifies continuous improvement opportunities to maintain inventory integrity.
- Identifies and implements cost-savings measures that maintain quality and meet or exceed plant and company targets.
- Ability to build relationships
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Familiarity with American Institute of Baking (AIB), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Hazard
- Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) standards
- Ability to form and develop effective leadership teams
- Ability to build an organization to support growth
- Ability to recommend and implement solutions
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to coach and mentor others
Qualification & Experience:
- Managing budgets (5 years)
- Developing and leading quality, customer service and cost improvement programs in a field or company environment (5 years)
- Management (5 years)
- Manufacturing or related functions (8 years)
- Working in a major food service or food company distribution center (5 years)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Minden, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A