Enables growth across product categories through the provision of actionable business insight. Builds the Category targets and maintains visibility of performance to plan. Constructs and aligns promotional buy planning within AOP context, providing stock risk provision to finance. Acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
- Delivers regular category report against AOP and targets for Leadership circulation
- Responsible for providing accurate modelling and analysis & insight to the Category function (as well as wider Marketing & Product team) to facilitate planning and ordering EMEA components and the diligent management of stocks to maximise profit
- Models forecast for promotional buys against the AOP
- Leads promotional business recap and insights
- Develops framework to manage product margin and engages & leads cross-functional team (e.g., Category Managers, Commercial Finance, Supply Chain) to adoption
- Builds the commercial 3-5 year category growth plan for each category with the category managers. Works with the category team to deliver a category AOP for inclusion in the financial operating plan.
- Provides recommendation for actions to improve the performance of categories
- Provides holistic business performance analysis for the campaign review covering all categories and marketing activity
- Ensures supply chain team are informed of trading decisions that might impact stock
- Proactively manages stock with the supply chain team, providing forecast analysis and identifies risk with finance teams
- Champions new ways at looking at data (e.g. new segmentation models) to provide ‘white space’ opportunity for growth exploration across the marketing and product function.
- Secures insight from multiple sources including external data (e.g., industry, rapid consumer testing) and internal data (e.g., sales, customer loyalty) to help unlock sales and margin opportunities in all categories.
- Works with finance to ensure aligned understanding of performance and drivers
- Provides comprehensive analysis and distillation of key business learnings across all categories and marketing activities
- Builds the business insight plan to identify key opportunity and focus
- Leads the analysis of category performance highlighting key issues needing LT attention
- Leverage Starbucks Rewards loyalty data to produce customer driven, actionable insights.
- Manager of external agency support (e.g., VYPR, WNS)
- Leads the category AOP build, the foundation for the EMEA AOP sales plan. Responsible for providing relevant data and insight to the director of category and R&D and vp CMP to facilitate decision making.
- Delivers ad hoc deep dive analysis to better understand performance and provides actionable insight to deliver growth
- Project management / and ability to hit deadlines
- Commercial acumen and proven category management skills
- Strong commercial acumen with well-developed commercial sales analysis
- P&L and budget responsibility
- An excellent written and verbal communicator
- Strong influencing skills
- Proven track record in delivering positive top and bottom line growth to categories
- Computer literate and very proficient in excel and power BI
- Well-developed strategic and operational capabilities
Qualification & Experience:
- Proven experience in leading analysis of category strategy, operational business plans and trend understanding and interpretation
- Strong sales database modelling experience
- Graduate calibre
- Extensive business or category management experience with a key understanding of how to access category growth levers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A