From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrates coffee and its rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing and supporting partners who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
The Starbucks experience starts in our Roasting Plants where we have a dedicated team of professional roasters and supporting process teams including planning, warehouse management, packaging, roasting, maintenance, engineering and logistics.
- Support food safety, legality and quality programs.
- Respond to stoppages on secondary packaging equipment and conduct troubleshooting, jam clearing and cleaning.
- Perform other duties as needed in support of business objectives and Starbucks Mission & Values.
- Understand and follow established safety guidelines, consistently comply with all safety procedures (e.g. PPE, Lock Out Tag Out).
- Track output from the palletizing equipment and respond to jams.
- Operate and maintain downstream secondary equipment.
- Demonstrate and understand safety as a core value and follow the key essentials to safety as set forth by our safety resolution; reinforce and coach others to do the same.
- Operate the supersack loading station.
- Perform changeovers on secondary packaging equipment and assist machine operator with changeover on primary packaging equipment.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain product quality through adherence to good manufacturing practices, Food Safety Preventative Controls, product specifications and quality procedures. Monitor and document quality measures using analytical tools.
- Responsible for quality checks on secondary packages, including lot coding and aesthetics.
- Assist machine operator with quality checks on primary packages, including lot coding, aesthetics and seal Integrity.
- Replenish raw materials on automated packaging equipment.
- Ability to perform quality tests using analytical tools
- Ability to understand written policies and guidelines, specifications and safety standards
- Ability to gather, record on operational and quality metrics, through manual or automated systems
- Ability to work in accordance with safety, quality and sanitation standards, policies and procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and internet environments
- Ability to work variable shifts to support business needs
- Troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with food safety regulatory requirements and global standards including Preventive Controls for Human Food (FDA Code of Federal Regulations) and the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI).
- Mechanical aptitude to make minor machine adjustments and clear jams in equipment
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience performing quality tests using analytical tools
- Experience with the GFSI certification schemes (i.e. BRC and/or or SQF).
- Production or distribution environment (1 year)
- Operation of manual and automated packaging equipment (1 year)
- High School diploma/GED or 4 years of US military service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kent, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A