From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrates coffee and its rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing and supporting partners who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
At the Distribution Center, we keep a vast array of Starbucks products flowing from suppliers to customers across the globe. This important work happens in an environment that values safety, teamwork, diversity & inclusion, and shared success.
- Demonstrates and understands safety as a core value and follows the key essentials to safety as set forth by our safety resolution; reinforces and coaches others to do the same.
- Supports food safety, legality and quality programs.
- Ensures quality by continually reviewing work to detect and correct errors.
- Performs other duties as needed in support of business objectives and Starbucks Mission & Values.
- Maintains product quality through adherence to good manufacturing practices, Food Safety Preventative Controls, product specifications and quality procedures. Monitors and documents quality measures using analytical tools.
- Understands and follows established safety guidelines, consistently complies with all safety procedures (e.g. PPE, Lock Out Tag Out).
- Performs a range of shipping, receiving and inventory control duties, including loading and unloading of trailers, replenishing stock, filling orders, providing inventory services, and completing required documentation of product movement.
- Safely and effectively operates a variety of powered industrial trucks to perform various distribution tasks.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Familiarity with food safety regulatory requirements and global standards including Preventive Controls for Human Food (FDA Code of Federal Regulations) and the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI).
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance
- Ability to operate required material handling equipment
- Ability to work variable shifts to support business needs
- Ability to work in accordance with safety, quality and sanitation standards, policies and procedures
- Ability to understand written policies and guidelines, specifications and safety standards Familiarity with computerized inventory and order selection systems
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to follow verbal and written direction
- Problem-solving skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with the GFSI certification schemes (i.e. BRC and/or or SQF)
- Distribution/Warehouse experience (1 year)
- Experience operating a stand-up powered industrial truck (1 year)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Minden, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A