Website State Farm
Implementing solutions is critical for success for data science at State Farm. As part of the Model Validation team, your role will consist of problem identification, solution proposals and presentations to a wide variety of management & technical audiences. This role allows you to work on multiple concurrent projects in a community setting, develop yourself and others, and advance data science both at State Farm and externally. The variety of projects, technologies, and statistical techniques will create an unbounded development opportunity for enhancing your analytic skills.
In this role you will be responsible for the independent review and validation of various types of models, including machine learning models, that are being developed or have been implemented at State Farm. Statistical areas of model review include but are not limited to problem design, data engineering, model development, performance validation, and plans for ongoing monitoring. Furthermore, you will rely on your experience to discuss alternative approaches as well as develop alternative models to the ones proposed by other data scientists. Moreover, the Model Validation team provides periodic independent statistical consultation, analysis, or modeling work apart from independent review.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple, diverse stakeholders across business areas and leadership levels
- Thorough understanding of generalized linear models
- Knowledge of at least two (2) of the following methods: time series analysis, cluster analysis, tree-based algorithms, or neural networks
- Exercise sound judgment to diagnose and resolve problems within an area of expertise
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with cloud-based environments (e.g.AWS) and/or Linux
- Completed Masters, other advanced degrees, and 3+ years of experience in an analytical field such as data science, quantitative marketing, statistics, operations research, management science, industrial engineering, economics, etc.
- 5+ years of experience building predictive models preferred.
- Experience with Python, R, and/or SAS
- Experience engaging in quantitative analysis on many non-standard and unique business problems.
- Candidates with experience conducting analysis in the Insurance or Financial industry preferred.
- Experience with data cleansing, feature creation, feature selection and value imputation.
Company: State Farm
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Richardson, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A