Website State Farm
Join the P&C Actuarial & Underwriting Modeling (PCM) Department as an Infrastructure Engineer on the Cloud Enablement team! The P&C Actuarial and Underwriting Modeling Department is developing innovating predictive models using emerging technologies and capabilities. Working on the Cloud Enablement team within a business department, you play an integral role to work directly with business partners to make fast decisions and drive pace. Your work is essential for enabling teams to move to the Cloud, investigating new and innovative services, standing up services while collaborating with business partners on proof of concepts, and forging creative solutions.
- Identify critical and emerging technologies, techniques, tools, data sources, and platforms in the infrastructure engineering field, including cloud-based solutions, that support and extend predictive modeling/machine learning solutions
- Assists in providing continuous integration and delivery practices to support data science solutions
- Work closely with product teams to streamline their delivery of business solutions on our AWS platform…includes automation of builds and helping with adopting new cloud services
- Ability to learn and adopt new technologies and languages
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity
- Critical thinking skills to challenge current thinking and apply right technology to solve problems.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with scripting language: Bash, Python, etc.
- Experience in any programming languages such as Python, Spark, Java, etc.
- Experience using Docker or other web server technology in a Linux environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- Experience with Kubernetes (deploying/hosting runners, applications)
- Experience with developing solutions on AWS or other distributed compute platforms such as Hadoop
- Experience with infrastructure as code/ using deployment automation technologies, preferably Terraform
- Experience with version control (e.g., GitHib, GitLab)
- Experience with CI/CD systems, and integration with code dependency scans
Company: State Farm
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A