Website State Farm
- Investigate, recommend, and initiate acquisition of new data resources from internal and external data sources
- Building and maintaining data pipelines for the development, implementation, execution, validation, monitoring, and improvement of data science solutions
- Establish business domain knowledge for State Farm data sources
- Work closely with data scientists and business experts to develop modeling solutions for actuarial and underwriting business problems
- Identify critical and emerging technologies, techniques, tools, data sources, and platforms in the data engineering field, including cloud-based solutions, that support and extend quantitative analytic deployment solutions
- Critical thinking skills to challenge current thinking and apply right technology to solve problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity
- Ability to learn and adopt new technologies and languages
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with any opensource database such as PostgreSql, MySQL. Etc.
- Experience with CI/CD systems, preferably with GitLab, Jenkins, or AWS Code Deploy.
- Experience in programming languages such as Python, SAS, R
- Experience with developing solutions on AWS or other distributed compute platforms.
- Experience with P&C Insurance Data
- Experience with the Model Building Lifecycle
- Experience using deployment automation technologies, preferably Terraform
Company: State Farm
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dunwoody, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A