Website State Farm
As a software engineer, you will play in integral role supporting the actuarial and underwriting departments by helping build and support solutions to drive results for the enterprise. Through this role, your work is essential for helping design and develop applications to support the actuarial and modeling processes and to achieve the business objectives for our P&C products.
- Work to design, develop, implement, test and support products for business areas
- Apply an understanding of user experience best practices and test design standards
- Identify problems, related technical issues, and long-term repeatable solutions meeting customer needs
- Work closely with product team and customers to develop applications for actuarial and underwriting business problems
- Build and maintain pipelines for the development, implementation, execution, validation, monitoring, and improvement of data science solutions
- Critical thinking skills to challenge current thinking and apply right technology to solve problems.
- Ability to learn and adopt new technologies and languages
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with CI/CD systems, preferably with GitLab, Jenkins, or AWS Code Deploy.
- Experience with developing solutions on AWS or other distributed compute platforms.
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and practices
- Experience with any open source database such as PostgreSql, MySQL. Etc.
- Experience with Spring Boot, Django or similar frameworks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- Experience using Docker or other web server technology in a Linux environment
- Experience using deployment automation technologies, preferably Terraform
Company: State Farm
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A