The Video Journalist will have a keen eye for what makes for compelling visuals and lots of creativity. They’ll also have strong producing and reporting skills and experience reporting on sensitive topics such as immigration and trauma. They’ll be highly ethical and empathic when dealing with sources.
- Travel to film and photograph stories of different lengths, from short-form to long-form stories.
- Be ready to assist with faster-paced news if required.
- Produce stories (research, call sources, find story angles, write treatments and pitches, exploratory and preliminary field trips).
- Knowledge of DSLR cameras and Adobe Premiere editing software (Please don’t refrain from applying if you don’t know Premiere; just be ready to learn it on the go!)
- Edit photos and video for short-term projects and long-term projects.
- Experience in longform visual storytelling and digital video narratives.
- Basic studio lighting.
- Perform well in a fast-paced environment and breaking news situations.
- Canon and Sony cameras workflow.
- Ability to juggle heavy workload and keep multiple projects on track.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) required.
- Able to make quick decisions and give accurate and clear instructions, as well as verify information before publication.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in visual journalism
- 3-4 years of experience filming with DSLR
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A