UPS is currently seeking highly motivated, energetic self-starters to work as a Part-Time Origin Data Capture Supervisor. This management position involves directly supervising part-time Package Handlers & Clerks. Part-Time Supervisors train, develop, and hold their workgroups responsible for safety, production and attendance. The Part-Time Operations Supervisor impacts the organization by contributing to the continued growth and profitability of UPS by maintaining the highest standards for account productivity, accuracy, customer service, organization, communication, cooperation, and safety. The Part-Time Operations Supervisor provides innovative and effective leadership and cultivates a functional working relationship with all levels of personnel throughout the organization.
- Ensure that all department employees receive specific and detailed orientation, skills and safety training, appropriate materials and information, regular evaluations, and pro-active coaching to support their continued development.
- Meet or exceed all established standards for accuracy and productivity.
- Establish and promote a positive, team-oriented work environment emphasizing employee involvement, pro-active communication, inter-departmental cooperation, and continual improvement on all levels.
- Implement employee personal development plans as required to ensure the continuing professional growth of department personnel.
- Responsible to ensure that all employees adhere to safety policies and procedures at all times, operating in full compliance with department, station, corporate, OSHA, and WISHA requirements.
- Establish and maintain an aggressive cross-training program within the department to promote development, enhance flexibility, and ensure backup coverage of vital functions and processes.
- Function as an effective liaison and advocate on all levels to ensure that employee, department, and corporate needs are addressed in a timely and productive manner.
- Management of department resources to ensure maximum output, accuracy, and efficiency at all times.
- Ensure that all department and/or corporate policies and procedures are communicated, understood, and adhered to.
- Candidate must have an excellent attendance record.
- Candidates must have a legal right to work in the US
Qualification & Experience:
- Management/supervisory experience in a production/processing environment is preferred
- Prior experience in both operations and customer service is preferred.
- Candidate must have a degree or working towards a degree.
- Management/supervisory experience in a production/processing environment is preferred.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A