Website Urban Outfitters
The Operations Manager is responsible for directing the daily activities of the fulfillment center, including labor scheduling, inventory levels, budgets which includes the monitoring of the CPU and UPH, and supervision and proper utilization of space and equipment. In addition, ensure safety, and compliance of all rules and regulations set forth in the facility.
- Partner with fulfillment center facilities to ensure all equipment is in good working condition and that all safety devices are being maintained
- Establish a partnership with the Brands to improve the overall customer experience, increasing speed to market, and the delivery experience
- Maintain an associate centered workplace through floor time, associate engagement and an open-door policy
- Plan and schedule all fulfillment center services including receiving, inspections, putaway, returns, and direct to consumer activities to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned by Director
- Identify, champion, and implement process improvements
- Direct and oversee job assignments and plan daily labor schedules. Direct warehouse supervisory personnel to achieve prescribed objectives.
- Develop and maintain a productive high morale team by supervising, coaching and developing the management team.
- Track, report and explain department metrics
- The ability to work cross functionally with home office, buyers, planners, customer service, logistics, and finance either face to face, over the phone or zoom
- Partner with Inventory Control to ensure current and accurate inventory levels
- Ability to use a computer for extended periods of time
- Demonstrate the ability to manage change in an appropriate and effective manner and is a strong role model to the team
- Ability to interpret information from multiple sources to make decisions
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to develop associates
- Possess strong sense of urgency (makes it happen)
- Climb, balance, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Commit to results and maintains commitment, regardless of obstacles and frustrations
- Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights up to 50 pounds
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Advanced knowledge of warehouse operations, inventory and warehouse management systems
- Excellent leadership, team building, communication and organizational skills
- Value team members, provides development
- Identify what needs to be done and does it before being asked or required by the situation.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and reporting skills
- Think through advantages and disadvantages of a situation before making decisions
Qualification & Experience:
- 8 to 10 years in similar role or similar role in fulfillment, distribution, manufacturing or call centers
Company: Urban Outfitters
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gap, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A