Website Urban Outfitters
The ideal candidate should be highly organized, have strong time management and communication skills, is tech saavy, and will thrive working in a collaborative and fast paced creative team environment. The ideal candidate should have a passionate interest in on model and still life product photography, and current fashion trends. This role will help to create, traffic, coordinate, and catalog all photography assets across the women’s ecommerce photography studio. In addition, this person will be required to assist in other studio areas, as well. We are looking for someone that has an in depth understanding of the Urban Outfitters brand, its male customer and how that translates through to the visual aesthetic and mood of product photography on the website.
- Help upkeep of studio equipment and inventory.
- Work with stylists on set to ensure adequate pace of shoot days needed to complete allocated number of items to meet projections and deadlines.
- Communicate closely with photographer on set to ensure product is being photographed to current art direction standards.
- Manage a team of freelance digitechs, insuring they are up to date on any process or lighting changes.
- Help maintain the UO Men’s studio image archive.
- Liason between the post production team and the on set team for facilitating image edits, missing images, processing urgent files.
- Ensure a high level of technical quality and aesthetics for all photography created and distributed by the studio by following shoot guides and processes set into place to ensure consistency.
- Perform digital tech duties during on model shoot days; oversight of capture one on set, management of studio workflow tools on set, checking camera and lighting settings, processing images according to studio standards, keeping files organized and accurate.
- Work collaboratively with E-Commerce Art Directors, photographers, and stylists to ensure each product shot captures the features and qualities unique to the item and is representative of the Urban Outfitters brand.
- Color calibrate all computer monitors to insure proper image representation.
- Assist photographer with lighting and set changes as required and serve as a photo assistant during on model shoot days. Act as a second eye for the photographer, checking focus, exposure, color.
- Aptitude in technical troubleshooting
- Strong digital photography, lighting, and compositional skills
- Photography and retouching proficiency strongly preferred
- Capture One Pro, Mac OS X, and Adobe Br proficiency
- Extremely organized and able to work well under strict deadlines
- Strong interest and aptitude in color correction and image processing
Qualification & Experience:
- 2-3 years Digital Tech / Photo experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Photography, preferred or a related field.
- Hands-on experience of the Canon EOS and ProFoto systems
- Studio Workflow tool experience (such as ShotFlow) a plus
Company: Urban Outfitters
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA. US
Application Deadline: N/A