Website US Embassy
As a Foreign Service Security Engineering Officer in the Bureau of Diplomatic Security with the U.S. Department of State, you will be responsible for the protection of U.S. Department of State personnel, facilities, and sensitive information from acts of crime, terrorism, and technical espionage This career is about more than providing protection — it’s also a way to contribute to changing the world. Working with U.S. diplomats and foreign nationals in host countries can transform your desire to innovate into a force for global change You will help keep the technical resources that U.S. diplomats use safe and secure, as they work to advance our nation’s interests overseas. By implementing and maintaining the most sophisticated technical security programs, and training the teams who work on them, you will provide the technical expertise to keep our facilities, personnel and classified data from possible crime, terror and espionage threats. Every day, you will meet new challenges that broaden your expertise in the face of rapidly evolving technologies. And as you travel abroad and experience new cultures, you’re contributing to clearing a path toward greater peace and prosperity for people worldwide. Now you, too, have an opportunity to impact the future of diplomacy. In return for your service, you’ll have access to continued training and career development programs; health and medical coverage; federal retirement benefits; and generous paid leave. When serving overseas, you’ll be provided paid housing or an appropriate housing allowance, and paid education for dependent children K through 12. Become a Foreign Service Security Engineering Officer with the U.S. Department of State, and multiply your possibilities for the future.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree, Master of Science (MS), or Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) from an Engineering or Physics program that must be in a School of Engineering with at least one program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- Applicants must demonstrate a strong command of the English language to include grammar, spelling, and punctuation. A Foreign Service Specialist must consistently display a high standard of written English (overall structure as well as grammar, spelling, and punctuation) and spoken (overall structure as well as delivery, clarity, and succinctness
- Obtain a Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance.
- Be able to obtain a favorable Suitability Review Panel determination.
- Be able to obtain an appropriate Foreign Service Medical Clearance.
- Be at least 20 years old and at least 21 years old to be appointed.
- SEO candidates must meet supplemental physical standards including, but not limited to, additional vision and hearing requirements. The standards for the SEO position can be found at https://careers.state.gov/downloads in the Four Conditions of Diplomatic Security Employment section.
- Be appointed prior to age 60 (preference eligible veterans excepted).
- Be a U.S. citizen and available for worldwide service.
Company: US Embassy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Illinois, US
Application Deadline: N/A