The primary purpose of this District Ranger position is management of the resources, personnel, goods, and services of a designated area on a National Forest/Grasslands, and to act as a steward for Forest Service areas by balancing the needs of people and nature by working in collaboration with communities and partners.
- Reinforce to others that offensive, harassing, and intimidating behavior will not be tolerated.
- Advise unit workforce about administrative issues which affect management decisions.
- Ensure all actions and activities are planned and executed using prudent risk-based decision tools.
- Clearly communicate decisions and explain actions in larger context of agency mission and purpose.
- Demonstrate a commitment to fostering and promoting an equitable, inclusive, and safe work environment.
- Collaborate with unit supervisors to develop policies and programs for the management and protection of public lands/diverse natural and cultural resources.
- Foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the organization.
- Collaborate with public officials, industry representatives, and citizen groups on unit?s resource management to ensure plans are consistent with multiple use resource objectives.
- Foster productive relationships with tribal nations while upholding tribal treaty responsibilities in cooperation with supervisor.
- Establish and invest in strong, productive, positive relationships with employees and others inside and outside the agency.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Subject to one-year supervisory/managerial probationary period (unless prior service is creditable).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- New USDA supervisors must successfully complete all components of the required new supervisory training program before the end of their probationary period.
- Successful completion of one year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
Qualification & Experience:
- For the GS-13: You must have one year specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as one or more of the following: Provided counsel to higher organizational levels concerning natural resource program issues and their current and anticipated effects; Exercised program responsibilities that included one or more of the following: program development, planning, budgeting, or identifying workforce and organizational needs to establish and meet priorities; Interacted with members of the general public, representatives from local, county, State, Federal and Tribal governments, permittees, industry, special interest groups, and other partners to discuss, explain, or defend natural resource management policies and regulations.
- For the GS-12: You must have one year specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as one or more of the following: Represented an organizational unit for the purpose of discussing agency policies and regulations with the general public, representatives from local, county, State, Federal and Tribal governments, permittees, industry, special interest groups, or other partners; Developed annual program of work, prepared project work plans, developed long- and short-term budget needs, set priorities and documented work progress and accountability for assigned programs; Planned, implemented, and administered a natural resources program (e.g., timber management program) for a unit that included developing staffing, budget and equipment needs for program/project accomplishment.
Company: U.S. Department Of Agriculture
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ironwood, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A