This position is located at the Rocky Mountain Regional Office located in Lakewood, CO.
The incumbent serves as Director of the Renewable Resources staff with responsibility for directing Region-wide activities for the Renewable Resources programs.
- Participates with other Federal and State agencies, associations, industry, and professional societies to explain Forest Service objectives, policies, and program participation.
- Maintains liaison with National Forests, other Regions, the National Office, Research, and other Federal and State organizations to learn of new developments affecting forest and rangeland health and natural resource management.
- Serves as a recognized expert, program authority and principal advisor to the Regional Forester for a broad range of Renewable Resources programs including watersheds, fisheries, wildlife, air, rare plants, as well as forest and rangeland management.
- Leads, coaches, and coordinates with others a large variety of issues to achieve effective and efficient Program Management, ensures a creative learning work environment, and provides measurable, quality service to the public and internal customers.
- Formulates regional policies, objectives, and standards for assigned programs and develops long and short-range plans to achieve these goals and objectives.
- Ensures policies, principles, and programs directed are coordinated with other resource areas to achieve cohesive integrated program delivery.
- Functions as a full member of the Regional Leadership team providing technical advice and consultation to the Regional Forester and staff.
- Performs as a supervisor.
- Promotes progressive actions that enable the program to spearhead innovative and non-traditional solutions to complex issues and problems.
- New USDA supervisors must successfully complete all components of the required new supervisory training program before the end of their probationary period.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Subject to one-year supervisory/managerial probationary period (unless prior service is creditable).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Successful completion of one year probationary period, unless previously served.
Qualification & Experience:
Degree: Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s or higher degree that included a major field of study in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position. OR Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s or higher degree in a major field of study that included 24 semester hours in course work in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position. Related course work generally refers to courses that may be accepted as part of the program major. OR Combination of education and experience that included 24 semester hours in course work in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position, AND experience sufficient to demonstrate that I possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform work in the occupation that is comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of a full 4-year course of study with a major in the appropriate field needed to perform the work of the occupation.
Company: U.S. Department Of Agriculture
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lakewood, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A