- Conducts on-site soil investigations. Provides on-site technical assistance to agency personnel and the public on the interpretation and application of soil survey information related to specific soil, water, air, plant, and animal resource concerns.
- Provides technical expertise in the application of Farm Bill programs. This includes providing leadership and guidance to field offices and assists during the program signup and application periods for CRP, GRP, EQIP, EWP, WRP and other programs.
- Plans, develops and provides training in soil science and the use of soil survey information to NRCS and non-NRCS audiences.
- Provides soil expertise at appeals that are elevated to the County Farm Service Agency Committee, State Conservationist (Technical Reviews), and the National Appeals Division.
- Serves as a team member for field office quality assurance reviews and appraisals. Reviews field office use of soils information (source data) in the application of conservation practices and programs.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check. If selected you will be sent instructions on obtaining fingerprints. Please note we are not able to reimburse any fees incurred for fingerprints.
- Direct Deposit ? Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Successful completion of one-year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state motor vehicle operator’s license for the type of vehicle(s) operated to perform the duties of this position.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree: soil science or a closely related discipline that included 30 semester hours or equivalent in biological, physical, or earth science, with a minimum of 15 semester hours in such subjects a soil genesis, pedology, soil chemistry, soil physics, and soil fertility; OR Combination of Education and Experience: courses equivalent to a major in soil science or a related discipline that included at least 30 semester hours in the biological, physical, or earth sciences, At least 15 of the semester hours must have been in the areas specified above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
- GS-12 Specialized Experience: To qualify for the GS-12 level, you must possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level or higher in Federal service, or comparable experience not gained through Federal service. This experience must be in or directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position
- GS-11 Specialized Experience: To qualify for the GS-11 level, you must possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 level or higher in Federal service, or comparable experience not gained through Federal service. This experience must be in or directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Company: U.S. Department Of Agriculture
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Beulah, ND, US
Application Deadline: N/A