- Prepare travel arrangements and travel vouchers. Receives correspondence and reviews outgoing correspondence for accuracy and consistency. Prepares a variety of written correspondence.
- Assist in generating documentation and correspondence in support of investigative activities and intelligence gathering of criminal investigators.
- Create, maintain, and updates: investigative case files, employee development files, and other program area files.
- Compiles FOIA response data for special projects. Establishes, cultivates, and maintains all necessary contact with individuals and entities associated with agency FOIA programs.
- Extract data from various source materials, and independently researches, analyzes, and formats the data for use for specific management functions. Provides advice and guidance on overall organizational, personnel, and administrative matters.
- Review and analyzes administrative policies and directives to determine impact on program area. Evaluates the effectiveness of administrative policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Serve as the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) coordinator in their program area. Makes recommendations to improve and streamline FOIA procedures.
- Provide Law Enforcement and Investigations Management Attainment Reports System (LEIMARS) training to LEI personnel, to include data entry.
- This is a Test Designated Position. You will be tested for illegal drugs prior to appointment and randomly thereafter. Appointment and continued employment is conditional on negative results.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Successful completion of one year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Requires incumbent to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Qualification & Experience:
For the GS-09: You must have one year specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as the majority of the following: Assisting with the review and analysis of Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) and/or Personnel Action requests for information and determines the validity and applicability of requests; reviewing correspondence for procedural and grammatical accuracy, proper attachments, dates, signature, and adherence to established format and policies. Recommending changes to standard operating procedures, methods, or protocols to address deficiencies in unit operations procedures. Reading and keeping apprised of procedures and policies in order to be aware of changes and new requirements affecting work of the organization. OR A master’s or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D. OR An appropriate combination of specialized experience and education (only graduate education in excess of 18 semester hours may be used to qualify applicants for this grade level).
Company: U.S. Department Of Agriculture
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vallejo, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A