Website US Postal Service
Using dynamic route descriptions, delivers packages on Sundays and observed holidays. May case, deliver, and collect mail and packages on Saturday along a prescribed rural route using a vehicle.
- Sorts mail in delivery sequence for the assigned route.
- Provides for mail security at all times.
- Returns mail collected, undeliverable mail, and submits monies and receipts to post office.
- Delivers packages to customers along a prescribed route.
- Delivers mail and packages to customers along a prescribed route or as an auxiliary assistant by a vehicle; collects monies and receipts for accountable mail; picks up mail from customers’ roadside boxes.
- Loads packages in delivery sequence in vehicle.
- Loads mail and packages in vehicle.
- May be required to provide a vehicle for delivery if an employer provided vehicle is not assigned.
- Prepares appropriate time records.
- Receives and signs for accountable mail.
- Furnishes routine information concerning postal matters to customer.
Desirable candidates may be required to have a vehicle suitable for use and live within easy commuting distance of the facility location. Work is performed indoors and outdoors in all types of weather. Carriers may be required to load and unload trays and containers of mail and parcels weighing as much as 70 pounds. Applicants must be physically able to perform the essential duties of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. Rural carriers are required to provide service to the public. They must maintain a neat and professional appearance and demeanor in such interactions. Applicants must have a valid state driver’s license and demonstrate and maintain a safe driving record.
Company: US Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Zanesville, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A