Website US Postal Service
Rural Carrier Associates are non-career employees who provide customers along a rural route a variety of services including delivering and collecting mail and selling stamps, supplies and money orders.
- Provides for mail security at all times.
- Returns mail collected, undeliverable mail, and submits monies and receipts to post office.
- Maintains an inventory of stamps and stamped paper as needed to provide service to customers on the route.
- Delivers mail to customers along a prescribed route and on a regular schedule by a vehicle; collects monies and receipts for accountable mail; picks up mail from customers’ roadside boxes.
- Prepares mail for forwarding and maintains records of change of address information.
- Sorts mail in delivery sequence for the assigned route.
- Loads mail in vehicle.
- Prepares a daily trip report and maintains a list of the customers on the route.
- Conducts special surveys when required.
- Sells stamps, stamped paper and money orders; accepts C.O.D., registered, certified, and insured mail and parcel post; furnishes routine information concerning postal matters and provides requested forms to customer.
- Receives and signs for accountable mail.
Desirable candidates may be required to have a vehicle suitable for use and live within easy commuting distance of the facility location. The job is physically demanding. Work is performed indoors and outdoors in all types of weather. Carriers may be required to load and unload trays and containers of mail and parcels weighing as much as 70 pounds. Work is available usually on Saturdays, then on an as needed basis to cover the absence of the carrier. Applicants must have a valid state driver’s license, a safe driving record, and at least two years of unsupervised experience driving passenger cars or larger. The driving must have taken place in the U.S. or its possessions or territories or in U.S. military installations worldwide.
Company: US Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Walton, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A