Website Whole Foods Market
Orders, replenishes, and merchandises produce and participates in regional programs for purchasing and promotions. Monitors inventory control and replenishes product based upon WFM ordering standards. Assists in organizing and developing promotional displays and maintaining OTS standards. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Monitors and acts upon open PO reports for both purchases and credits in an accurate and timely manner.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for stocking and merchandising products.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
- Supports leadership in conducting inventories.
- Completes spoilage, sampling, temperature, and sweep worksheets as required.
- Maintains financial profitability by meeting and exceeding purchasing and sales targets
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Purchases and replenishes produce through proper buying procedures.
- Ensures orders for product are timely and accurate to monitor inventory turns.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Oversees customer special order procedure.
- Analyzes and controls product transfers, waste, and spoilage.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Controls spoilage and shrink, achieves turn goals, participates in inventory.
- Ability to educate team on product knowledge and convey enthusiasm.
- Knowledge and ability to use computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and ordering systems
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Extensive produce product knowledge, including production, distribution, seasonal availability, advances, and trends.
- Working knowledge and application of all produce-related merchandising expectations.
- Familiarity and/or willingness to learn about products, nutritional information, and other areas of study.
Qualification & Experience:
- 12+ months retail experience.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Minneapolis–Saint Paul, WI, US
Application Deadline: N/A