Website Whole Foods Market
Assists with scheduling and supervision of Store Support Team Members as well with the as day-to-day flow of the department. Supports the Store Support Team Leader and Associate Team Leader(s) to ensure smooth operation of the Store Support Team. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Ensures all necessary breaks are given.
- Sets and achieves the highest standards of retail execution.
- Resolves difficult customer situations.
- Keeps all cases and shelves clean, well-stocked and properly rotated.
- Provides timely, thorough, and thoughtful performance evaluations.
- Fosters and encourages a positive environment of outstanding teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Maintains awareness of customer flows and needs and directs Team Members as necessary to satisfy and delight customers; responds promptly to customer needs and questions.
- Assists in training of new Team Members, utilizing learning checklists and training materials.
- Communicates attendance issues or concerns to Team Leader and Store Leadership.
- Works with Team Trainer to train Team Members in a manner that builds and sustains a high-performance team and minimizes turnover.
- Supervises and delegates tasks to Team Members.
- Consistently communicates and models WFM vision and goals.
- Selects, trains, develops, mentors, motivates, and counsels Team Members in a manner that sustains a high-performance team and minimizes turnover.
- Communicates team concerns to the Team Leader and Associate Team Leader.
- Proficiency with email, Microsoft Office, and operations-related applications.
- Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial performance, monitoring profitability, and managing inventory.
- Extensive knowledge of Store Support team procedures and policies.
- Demonstrates advanced product knowledge, maintains awareness of new products.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability, leadership skills, and ability to prioritize and delegate.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory and safety policies and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building, and customer relationship skills.
- Capable of teaching others in a positive and constructive manner.
Qualification & Experience:
- 12+ months retail experience.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Berkeley, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A