Website Whole Foods Market
Performs duties relating to the cutting, preparation, display, and selling of meat products. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Prepares specialty meat merchandise (i.e. sausage, oven ready products, and cured meats).
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Maintains sampling program.
- Mentors and supports assigned Meat Cutter Trainee(s).
- Checks product to make sure it meets WFM quality standards.
- Monitors and assists in preventing spoilage.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Cuts, platters, and merchandises products (beef, pork, lamb, veal, poultry).
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
- Excellent cutting skills with the ability to bread product down into sub-primal and retail cuts.
- Extensive knowledge of different cuts and cooking techniques of meat and seafood.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Working understanding of Meat team processes and procedures.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
Qualification & Experience:
- 14+ months retail experience.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Park City, UT, US
Application Deadline: N/A