Website Whole Foods Market
Orders, replenishes and merchandises grocery products and participate in WFM program for purchasing and promotions. Monitors inventory control and replenishes product based upon WFM ordering standards. Assists in organizing and developing promotional displays and maintaining OTS standards. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Orders perishable grocery products and maintains appropriate back stock levels.
- Analyzes and controls product transfers, waste, and spoilage.
- Replenishes products through proper buying procedures.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Oversees customer special order procedure.
- Controls spoilage/shrink; achieves turn goals; participates in inventory.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
- Ensures orders for product are timely and accurate to monitor inventory turns.
- Maintains financial profitability by meeting and exceeding purchasing and sales targets.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Completes spoilage, sampling, temperature, and sweep worksheets as required.
- Monitors and acts upon open PO reports for both purchases and credits in an accurate and timely manner.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Supports leadership in conducting inventories.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Knowledge and ability to use computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and ordering systems.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Strong basic math skills.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Working knowledge and application of all grocery merchandising expectations.
- Ability to educate team on product knowledge and convey enthusiasm.
Qualification & Experience:
- 12+ months retail experience.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Basalt, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A