Website Whole Foods Market
Performs all duties related to cake, tart, pastry, and special-order decoration. Creates appealing designs on all specialty bakery goods. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Creatively decorates all cakes, tarts, pastries, and special-order items.
- Assists with production of all mandatory bakery products (i.e. parfaits, bars, cupcakes).
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Monitors product quality for freshness and ensures proper product rotation.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Completes production and spoilage records, adjusting production sheets to maintain sufficient product.
- Produces in-house products to daily par levels, as specified on production sheets.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Prepares, packages, weighs, and prices bakery products for sale.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Good cake decorating skills (ability to make flowers and decorative borders; knowledge of elegant piping techniques).
- Basic math skills for recipe conversions and modifications.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
Qualification & Experience:
- 6-12 months retail experience.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Shreveport, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A